Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have V032L and all of a sudden I can't change to TV mode.

Customer Question

I have V032L and all of a sudden I can't change to TV mode. It'll go to AV1, but when I press TV, it says "4 AUD 14 cable" in the upper right hand corner. It worked fine the last time I used it. I can't seem to find this in my manual. Thank you. Cyndy
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the complete model number written on back of TV?

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model# ***** HDTZ10A. Serial #LUPBUGJ2219707. Tried unplugging and letting it set but it did not fix the problem. I hope the picture I took of the screen will help. Cannot get it to go to TV mode.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, is the TV hooked to antenna to get local channels?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I have DISH satellite. The receiver works for 2 TV's in different rooms and is working fine on the other one.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, have you tried to reboot cable box connected to this TV (as requested in previous reply)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have unplugged both the TV and the satellite receiver with no change. When I press the "TV" button on the remote I still get what I showed you in the photo I sent. I can't even find anywhere what the "Aud 14" means. It will not go to TV mode whether I use the remote or the controls on the TV.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, does AUD 14 display disappear if turn Off satellite box only?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, have you tried to reset TV to default settings?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but I'll try again.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, take your time.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I reset again and I still have the AUD14. Cannot get it to go to TV mode.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, first of all your TV model number would be VO32LHDTV10A, please confirm.

If this is correct number then it seems TV firmware issue which got corrupted due to failing EEPROM chip that stores firmware data that is why 4 AUD14 appears that doesn't make sense nor it is a valid video input name in this TV but corrupted firmware can generate such display.

Either replacement of EEPROM chip (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) or entire main board will help to resolve the issue, both parts are available at following board supplier for $15 and $34 if you wish to repair the TV yourself..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vizio/vo32lhdtv10a

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just got it fixed! I found an option in the set up portion entitled "Partial Channel Search". After performing that, it works just fine!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also, I found where AUD 14 is and that's under the "Skip Channel" option. For some reason the box was not checked although adding the check mark did not make a difference. It was the Partial Channel Search that fixed the problem.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, its new info to me and thanks for sharing it.

Have nice time!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
You are welcome. I basically stumbled onto the fix.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Correct, me neither have came across such situation, good to know that problem is resolved but I'm still thinking why reset didn't work to restore default settings in TV.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wondered the same thing.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Reset option in setup menu should restore all settings to default value including this partial channel search setting but it didn't work.

Enjoy your TV shows!~

Shahid.