Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

My 42" Vizio has been working fine. Then when I tried to

Customer Question

My 42" Vizio has been working fine. Then when I tried to turn it back on later, there was nothing. It was though it wasn't plugged in, using the remote or at the TV. Not even a click.
Is it the power switch or what?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority.

No, sorry it isn't ever just the power switch. You could try actually unplugging the tv POWER cord for 5 minutes, sometimes that clears glitches but most likely even that won't help. When the power cord reset doesn't help, the tv needs actual diagnosis, parts, and service. If that is something you want to attempt then reply back here and I can help you (a meter and some previous electronics experience is required). If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

I understand news of a failure is upsetting but clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is 36" Vizio Model # ***** How can I tell if it is Plasma or Other?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

You have an LCD tv. Does not change the answer I gave, except that using a repair shop might end up costing more than a new 37" tv.

Please show your appreciation by saying "thank you" and clicking the 5 STARS or SMILEYS.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Most repair shops charge $99 just for diagnosis, and it's not refundable. Most people find that coming here first has saved them money and are grateful for that regardless of the bad news.