Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have had a repairman out last Friday and he connected a

Customer Question

I have had a repairman out last Friday and he connected a new box on my TV. It worked
for a day and then did the same thing the old box did...namely would not bring up
"list", no movement forward or back. This new box does the same and tells me to again
call(###) ###-#### Can you help me get this corrected..
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Have you tried to unplug TV and cable box power cords from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid...first, I am 90 yrs. old and do no unplug anything. Next, could you do anything for me from your office? I am
not clear on what is wrong, but I would like to tape the GOP conversation on Tuesday, so help me and press your buttons;;Thaks, Shahid
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I wish I could have such buttons, just switch Off the wall socket button where TV and cable box power cords are plugged into will work as well for this test.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
far, have one as you asked...but now, turned it on and went to "tape" and we got the same info.
Should I wait longer for a hapening? The box has numbers running on the time slot.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

How long the box been replugged?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged for 10 minutes
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, and how long it has been replugged back in?

Do you still get numbers on box and no picture on TV?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
10 to 15 minutes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still get numbers on the box
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd, I'm out of ideas what it could be so let me send this question to all experts on this website and hopefully some one will soon respond, it may take bit longer time so please wait that response.

I'm opting out now as I need to go offline now.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gosh Shahid...I thought you would fix it for me...
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I've sent an optional phone support offer as well. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format, just let me know if you'd still like help with this.