Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We have an approx. 50" projection TV - about 9 years old.

Customer Question

We have an approx. 50" projection TV - about 9 years old. Have loved and purchased Sony prroducts for over 20 years. TV has died - no sound and no picture. Red light flashes continually on front of set. Repairable or off to the trash bin?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we really do need the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at TV now. Will get back later today or tomorrow.
Thanks
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

yep

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Modeel # ***** ***** 55A2020
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** ***** 55A2020
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

typing your answer now. hold your replies.

Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

This model tv uses a replaceable lamp that needs to be changed every 4-6 years. If you have had it 9 years and not replaced the lamp then that is what you need to do. Also if you did replace the lamp but got a cheap knock off non-original product then you need to get a real original product. Here is a direct link to get a quality lamp:

http://www.dlplampsource.com/xl-5200-television-replacement-lamp.html

suggest the $99 version. Lamp installation instructions are in the Tv user manual:

https://docs.sony.com/release/KDS60A2020.pdf

If you think it's not the lamp please REPLY and explain why. If you are unable or unwilling to perform these operations then a repair shop should be consulted. I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,