Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

Samsung model PN60E550D1FXZA sound but no picture. led light

Customer Question

Samsung model PN60E550D1FXZA
sound but no picture . Green led light is flashing on the back panel quickly Well it all started when turning TV on I kept having to keep pushing the remote on button on and off to finaly get it to come on. Now on picture but sound. When I try to do any thing with the remote the red light at the bottom flashes every time I push on any thing.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- Do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit boards inside TV if wish to troubleshoot the problem OR want diagnosis and approx cost on repair info only?

This will help me to assist you accordingly.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Nice, please unplug connector from power supply board that goes to right side (x-drive) board, turn On TV and check Vs and Va volts at same connector on power board, expected volts reading is approx 200V and 60V DC even for a second on meter.

Do you get such readings?

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, there’s an issue with payment method when I try to accept your phone call offer.

Did you try to check volts requested in my previous reply?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had my meter on DC 1000 and tested from grd to vs top two got nothing then tested va also got no reading
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, now unplug connector from x-drive board that goes to left side (y-drive) board, set meter on continuity/ ohms range and check resistance between VS & GND pins of x-drive and y-drive boards.

Do you get low/ approx zero ohms reading on any of boards?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
tested and the answer is yes zero
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, do you get zero ohms reading on both boards between Vs and GND pins?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
zero on both
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

This is odd and I feel it could be bit serious issue in TV like plasma panel internal short, however, there is no other way to confirm it except swap the y-drive and x-drive boards at same time in TV (if you have checked the boards correctly and got zero ohms reading on meter), swapping these tow boards will help to see if TV displays picture OR both boards might got shorted out with loud zap sound if plasma panel has internal short. I wish there was another way around to check the panel but have to take risk of y-drive and x-drive board cost for it.

If both boards go bad again then I'm afraid it needs to replace plasma panel and both drive boards again to get the TV working. Please reply back if you need y-drive and x-drive boards part number info through it would be written on boards as well to search/ google to get price and stock info to order it.

I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.