Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

My 32" TV model#PLV16320VM When Iplug the tv into the

Customer Question

My 32" TV model#PLV16320VM When Iplug the tv into the wall,the red led light in the bottom corner of the tv goes on,and then I press power button of tv,and the red light goes off,and tv doesn't turn on.How do I fix this?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

- Was there any repair/ part replacement done to TV in past?

- Do you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV to troubleshoot the issue?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure how old the tv is,and no repairs had been done on the tv,or do I have a multimeter.The problem just started tonight.Also if I unplug then plug it in again the same results occur.Red light goes out, tv doesn't turn on,so after replugging the tv it must be getting power for the red led light to go on.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, it seems power supply board failure that consist of two sections, one is standby supply that provides low volts to main controller chip and you get power indicator light when plug TV power cord, next section is main power which provides bit higher volts to other sections in TV such as backlight inverter, sound and video processor chips etc to generate light, sound and picture and it seems this section isn't working thus you wont get on TV when press power button. Replacement of power supply board will help to resolve the problem.

Please check following link to view power supply board image and part number info that will help to search/ google it to get price and stock info if you wish to replace it yourself in TV..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/vp212ug02-power-supply-unit.htm

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I'm sorry there is no easy or quick fix for this problem and it is definitely hardware failure that needs defective board replacement to resolve the issue. I trust my input will help you out to make decision about this 6 years old TV repair or invest that money on new replacement TV. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.