Martin, Technician
Experience:  Studied video technologies before university. I still fix TV's in spare time.
14666028

I am trying to obtain a service manual JVC EM37T I will pay

Customer Question

I am trying to obtain a service manual for a JVC EM37T I will pay $10 for just the Service manual no other support is requested. Serial # ***** DEC031 5003 31 Thank You!
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The sticker on the TV indicates ASSEMBLED in MEXICO if this helps
Expert:  Master Fix It replied 1 year ago.

Hi I m Tech Michael,

just to be sure you need the service repair manual or the user manual?

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it is indeed the Service Manual for the JVC EM37T that I have offered $10. I don't know how far you go back but in my old days of TV repair there was a 3rd party we always used called Sams Photofacts out of Indianapolis. I can usually go down below the board level to the component level and repair myself if I can find the service manual that gives the technical info. Just repaired a CNC mill by replacing a 69 cent diode rather than the $1000 dollar servo. I'm retired so I enjoy doing my own repairs. Thanks for looking into this for me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just looking for the pdf link or email for the JVC EM37T service manual not a physical manual

Hi I gotcha, let me see whats available

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank YOU!

Your welcome.

the only place you can get that one is from JVC directly.

please call:(###) ###-####

I know they sell these but I'm not sure how much, usually it negligible ;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a nice night!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Also remember, you don’t have to take my response as the final word on your question" Michael, I will take you up on your offer as it appears you may have misread my question. I was not asking for a phone number where I could purchase. I am asking for a link or pdf of the manual for which I am willing to pay $10. Please release my question and give someone else the opportunity to provide me with the Service Manual as requested. I realize this is a specific question that may only be quickly answered by someone with very specific knowledge of JVC design or service of the EM37T.
Have a good evening! Jim

Hi Jim, yes I know about tall that, but I will release this for you, best of luck!

Tech Mcihael

Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I can't seem to find any. Do you have the chassis number on the back or inside the TV? The company you mentioned still exist: www.samswebsite.com but i can't find it either there with their search tool (perhaps they have a better model to chassis translation list than me that you could use if you call them). JVC is pretty much just a licencing shell now outside of their pro line and the TV is probably a JVC branded Chinese TV (often those don't even have an English made service manual at all). With the chassis number i could check for service manual for other models that use the same internal.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had hoped someone could provide me with a link for the service manual. Unfortunately as no one was able to answer my request so I just went ahead and investigated on my own.This is what I found and how I repaired. I had a blue vertical stripe on 25% of the display all the time
There is one board near the top of the display that connects to a left and a right led driver board. There 2 separate cables that connect to each of the right and left driver boards.
additionally there are 2 cables that connect from each of the left and right driver boards to the panel. 4 ribbon cables total.
My assumption was that each cable probably either sources or sinks the current to the display which I guessed was set up as a multiplexed x y matrix. 25% of the screen had a vertical blue leds always ON. Since thee were four ribbon cables connected to the screen display I pushed down on the ribbon cable directly above the blue vertical section of the display and voila the blue led's turned off and the TV worked perfectly! So I realized I just had a loose/bad bond. My fix was to put 1/8" inch of rubber over the loose ribbon cable and a piece of 1/8" Plexiglas over the rubber. I epoxied 2 screws to the frame, drilled two holes in the Plexiglas and physically clamped the loose ribbon cable down with the rubber and Plexiglas. All is working perfect! Hope this helps anyone else that has a display problem on a JVC EM37T.If you can define a problem you can usually solve it! Ignorance is bliss and knowledge is power. Hide the service manuals and try and make our society dependent and our trash dumps full! You just gotta love our big government!!
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the follow up, as a tech i always love to know weak part of specific model. I also enjoy creative repair. You can't beleive how much i beleive the same thing as you about the good thing that go to the trash for no reasons. I will now close the question now as the issue is resolved.