Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have an 60' Sharp Aquos TV and when we try and turn on the

Customer Question

I have an 60' Sharp Aquos TV and when we try and turn on the power we get 2 blinks and 5 fast blinks.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model #LC60LE632U. I obtained the TV from my parents. I think its about 4 or 5 yr old. The problem just started last week.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. Error code (2 slow blinks and 5 fast blinks) indicates 12V supply failure that goes to t-con board of LCD panel so ti calls Panel Power failure. It needs further troubleshooting inside TV with multimeter to determine what board is causing the problem as there are three boards involve for 12V supply, either power supply board or t-con board and some times main processor board can cause this issue. Please reply back if you have multimeter and can check volts on circuit board inside TV to proceed further.

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you still need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't any tools to repair my TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, then your next option is to please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.