Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am trying to connect roku 1 to my Sony Trinitron TV and

Customer Question

I am trying to connect roku 1 to my Sony Trinitron TV and having no success getting tv to recognize the roku. I need to change a video input, I think but need help. I got online with Roku adviser only told me how simple the install was. She knew I had a Sony Trinitron. She kept telling me to reset the Roku. The manual with the unit shows a place on the Roku where the reset button is located, but there is no button on the unit. Then she tells me to stick a paper clip in the AC power in recess in the Roku and hold for 30 secs.....like I am supposed to know all this. Nothing works. The manual does say that with some sets the video input might need to be changed to match the Roku. I tried everything on the Sony but no luck. What needs to be done? John
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?

3. What kind of connection cable(s) are used between the Roku and the tv?

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **