Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

My lg tv keeps turning off by itself anything seems to

Customer Question

My lg tv keeps turning off by itself anything seems to trigger it evrn turning up the volume...once it turns itself off i csnt turn it back on it turns itself back on after about 10-15 min
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

When it turns itself off what is the status of the power-light?is it lit?blinking?what color is it please when off?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Red

OK that means its dropping to standby

What you need to do is this>>

Unplug the set from wallpower wait 5 mins then replug back in again..... if still same>>

Go into the settings menu of the set and look for factory default or shipping default and activate this facility (if the set has it)

Go to the LG website look up under support for your model, look for any firmware upgrade that may be available for the set and action that if there is.

The problem is glitched firmware that is why the set is behaving like this now if you cover all those bases above and its still the same then the main-board in the set will need to be replaced I will help you with that just get through the checks above first thank you.

Please consider at this point rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It wont turn on at all now but the red light is on

Yeah it will be intermittent you just have to follow what I said earlier

Let me know when you cover the bases then we will move on likelihood is the mainboard will need to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The red power light is on but tv wont turn on and there are no available upgrades according to lg

OK now this may sound like its not in your comfort however its quite easy to replace a board in a TV, so if you can use small tools like screwdrivers have a degree of intuition you can do this

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

Let me know if you need more info/help

Please remember the rating its the ONLY way I receive credit from the site ! NOTE THE QUESTION STAYS OPEN

Many Thanks

Anthony