Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a problem with my LG HD LCD tv -Model 42LC7D-AB, Ser

Customer Question

Hi , I have a problem with my LG HD LCD tv -Model 42LC7D-AB , Ser 740KCTB3B921, Manufactured 4/2007. Tv was working great , stored it without use for 18months , then transported to my daughter for her to use as i have another TV (1/2hr drive ) at first worked as normal , then began to take longer for picture to come up on screen (screen went purple in colour until picture came up , on both TV and AV) Now has no picture and when connected to power supply red standby light comes on and then goes straight to green as if the TV is on ? Any answers for me would be greatfully appreciated as to what you may think is wrong , it was perfect until transporting it ? Regards *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you.

This kind of problem occurs due to failing capacitors on power supply board in TV and replacement of bad capacitors (it needs good soldering work with proper tools and expertise) OR entire power supply board will help to resolve the problem. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi there,

I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!

Please reply back here if there is additional questions.

Thank you.