Richard, Technician
Experience:  Avid TV Technician
32989067

I have a used LCD hdtv Panasonic 54 in flat screen TV, will

Customer Question

I have a used LCD hdtv Panasonic 54 in flat screen TV, will not come on. Press the power button it acts like it is going to come on then the green light flashes 20 times and then goes to red. I dont know what to do because im on social security and can not get another tv or have the money to get this fixed if its high. Please help me?? Thank you!
Category: TV
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

First, can you remove the power to the TV (unplug it from the power socket) and let it sit for 10 minutes.

While waiting, hold the power button in for 60 seconds then release

Then connect the power, turn on the TV and tell me if it then starts please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wont be home all day, but when I am I will do this. Thank you
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Richard, im sorry im just getting back to you, but I tried what you suggested with tv & this did not work. I am told that this is being called "the green light of death" do you know if there is something else I can try? Thanks! Shannon
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thanks Shannon, it confirms the problem.

It is the power board that has faulted.

I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the TV to have this replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.

I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you