Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Sony Bravia TV model KDL - 55 W 800B. This TV is

Customer Question

I have a Sony Bravia TV model KDL - 55 W 800B. This TV is connected to Dish Satellite Network. When I turn the system on it takes the TV up to 6 minutes to establish a picture and sound. I have discussed this issue with the Dish folks and they don't think it is the fault of the dish receiver. What do you think?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Do you have any other sources connected to the tv (dvd player, game system, media/app streamer,etc)?
If so, does it happen with other devices?

What happens in that initial "startup" period? Just a blank screen that isn't lit up at all? Blue screen? "No signal" message?