Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
Experience:  3 years experience
15852642

DTR-5.3 I moved the unit--it operated a short very short

Customer Question

DTR-5.3 I moved the unit--it operated a short very short time afterward and clicked off. The speaker connector assemble was loose (misssing two screws) and probably shorted speaker wires against housing of unit. I took cover off--no damage to circuit board or connectors. Reassembled--connectors mount up properly no--no sound from any speakers.
Category: TV
Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is***** will look up the schematic but most of these have board mounted fuses which means solder level repairs.

Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any lights or clicks at all or just no sound ?

Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

FIX 1 - If there is no lights at all - There is a main power fuse on the supply board (holder is marked F90-1) it is a 5 amp fast blow fuse - it will be near where the power cord comes in. Make sure it's unplugged from the wall and you don't use any metal tools in there. FIX 2 - If there is some response, there is a processor reset sequence in the attached file on page 3 'TO INITIALIZE'

I will be waiting for your response, John

Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

I will be shutting down for the evening and will respond 1st thing AM CST - Thank you John

Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

Back online and awaiting your response, John

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pushing the DVD button and the the speaker A button has no effect. I have done it with the unit on and off and in varying sequences. The DVD readout comes on when it is pushed first--the speaker A button has no effect afterward.
Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

The DVD button has to be held the whole time then A, then wait (with both held) till it says 'clear' about 5 seconds while unit on. Also have you unplugged for 10 seconds and them back in? Also is speakers are in parallel (not connected right) the load will blow it again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged it for over 10 seconds. Verified the speakers are not attached----nothing is plugged into the unit, same result. Unit on, DVD button pushed and held, speaker A button held for 10 seconds. No change in readout---says DVD.......
Expert:  jjtv4 replied 1 year ago.

It looks like it beyond a user fix, that is the only user level fix they offer. You can use a service center found here - http://www.onkyousa.com/Support/servicecenterLocator.php?source=indexWell

I did find some DTR-5.x models on eBay for under $70 if that helps.

Please don't negative review, I would of built it more user durable/friendly if I was Integra :) - Good luck, John

Expert:  Dimmu TV replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is***** do not rate until we are finished. I look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.

I know it may sound dumb, but have you double checked the ground connection already?