Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a new Samsung tv bought within the year and I can't

Customer Question

I have a new Samsung tv bought within the year and I can't change the channel
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I would need the complete model number of the tv, please.

It is also on the box, receipt, and manual.

Initially, if using a box, your channel changing facility is almost certainly a box function though, not a tv function.

Reboot the cable box by unplugging power to it for 60+ seconds, and let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I rebooted cable box but that didn't help. There's a model # ***** the remote and I'm not sure if it's the model of the tv, but it's BN59-01223A. Also it looks like I was charged twice because I asked the question again after you responded because I couldn't figure out how to respond and I must have filled out the form and resent it
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you there
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model # ***** beUN55JU6500
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the information.

The model you sent just came through.

Your duplicate question tied things up, but I did flag it to be cancelled and refunded for you, it may take a few days though.

Before we do anything else, I need to ask you to test the tv further with another source.

If you play a dvd for example, or apps like netflix, will those operate normally and respond to all remote and navigation commands?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't use a dvd or any apps or Netflix. I do have the ability to do that but I haven't.
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you please make an attempt to test something else.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

If not, can you at least test if you're able to bring up the samsung on screen setup menu and make adjustments to or navigate through it with the tv remote?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
With the Samsung remote I can go to menu and navigate through it with the Samsung remote. Nothing happens on that screen if I use the universal remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, everything at this point indicates that the issue is the cable box. The tv itself is fine.

Put new batteries in the cable remote, just to be safe.

Unplug power to the box for 10 minutes to further reset. If no change, then the box is bad and you'll need to call the cable co to have them replace the box for you.