Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

I have and older Samsung pedestal DLP that has started to

Customer Question

Hi there I have and older Samsung pedestal DLP that has started to change colors intermittently from normal to just green or goes black then back to normal will also get distorted lines running through then go back to normal. It is hooked up to Fios verison
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is for my Older sister the Cable company said that the Tv could be to old now to receive the new signals which are designed for flat screens. I think they are blowing win up her skirt but they did make picture tubes obsolete. Not that long ago I did replace the bulb and inspected the color wheel everything was working perfect for several month. The problem she speaks of started about 2 weeks ag and has been progressively getting worse
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi there

When the problem occurs again, press the Menu button on the TV's remote control -

if the menu is also affected by the color problem then the fault is within the TV.

If the menu is not affected, then it is an external problem with either the input source (cable box) or the cable being used (e.g. HDMI)

Let me know how you get on....

Pete.