Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Our 5 yr old Panasonic 50" plasma has all at once lost the

Customer Question

our 5 yr old Panasonic 50" plasma has all at once lost the closed caption which is imperative for my deaf husband. Any shows RECORDED before the Dday will play with CC. And the CC will work occasionally EVEN NOW but with every other phrase gone altogether. Also, commercials will often show CC. I assume because they are prerecorded also. Figured it is one of 3 things: remote, receiver or TV. Replaced remotes with factory one hand delivered by the cable guy who is certain it can't be the receiver. He suggest possible a "board". What do you think?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Can you please recheck the model of the tv for me?

Can you also tell me how the cable box is connected to the tv?