Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I've got this westinghouse tx-47f430s and i have no or blue

Customer Question

I've got this westinghouse tx-47f430s and i have no amber or blue LED up fromt, but the standby light on the motherboard is solid and not blinking. Would this indicate a main board failure? I hear the power supply kick on when plugged in and no odd sounds.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Do you have multimeter and can check volts of power supply board?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately, no.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, can you get a multimeter and check 12, 24 and 5V DC output of power supply board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not at the moment.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, power supply board output volts (5,12,24V DC) check is important to determine what board is causing the problem. If you get correct/ stable 5V DC and 12, 24V DC on power supply board then main board would be defective and if these volts are not available (especially 5V DC is low or unstable) then replace power supply board that will help to resolve the problem.

Please contact with following board supplier to see if they can provide you required board or search/ google it to get price and stock info to order it..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=tx-47f430s

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.