Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

How di i update the firmware home cast freeview HT2800 pvr?

Customer Question

How di i update the firmware for a home cast freeview HT2800 pvr?
Category: TV
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Firmware updates are highly critical, and when done the least bit wrong can ruin a device's functions completely. So I advise taking great care to get an exact update, and for exactly your model of device, and accept nothing dubious.

The question for me is: would your device happen to be a rebranded Samsung-made device? Samsung has a similar model #, HT-E8200, and I am wondering if you could look on the manufacturer's label, where the maker and the true model # ***** be stated. If it really is a rebranded Samsung-made device, getting a firmware update for it from a Samsung source might just be the answer to the problem.

So look for the manufacturer's label, and let me know the true model #, please. Thanks.