Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

The HDMI port has stopped working on our HLR5067W tv. Any

Customer Question

The HDMI port has stopped working on our HLR5067W tv. Any suggestions?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK HDMI loss is a very common issue with modern sets and there is a procedure to follow, the first thing to do is >>try different hdmi products not just one to eliminate the product as the issue then>>

1)Un-plug the set from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again try HDMI again

2) If there is a reset to factory default in the settings menu of the TV please use that try the HDMI again

3 Please go to the samsung site under support for your model see if there is any firmware upgrade for the set

If all fails then the main-board will need to be replaced (assuming the set is not under warranty) let me know when you get as far as that and I will advise further.

Please at this point consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1. Tried it before I called you and it did not work.
2. Also tried it and it also did not work.
3. No results for our model number.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I still have the problem.

I just had a thought before we go on about replacing the main-board did you factory reset in the TV in the service or normal menu?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Service menu. I think it was mute, 1--8--2 power.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess this means that you can not fix it. Correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello?

I am not sure what you mean there, of course it can be fixed

But as always with most sets nowadays you will need to replace the board, the hdmi drivers are damaged so the only solution open to you now is to replace the mainboard can you do that?its a plug in board I will provide more details

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called to get the tv fixed. It is not fixed. Thats what I mean

So do you think its magically going to fix itself?you have to replace the board thats the name of the game with TVs

You have covered all the bases there is nowhere left to go but replace the board, the board itself CANNOT be fixed to component level

Its the same with all tvs that are made over the last 6 years

And longer

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not do replace main boards. TV repairmen replace them. I also do not a spare main board lying around. I was trying ti avoid the need of a repairman to fix the problem and save some money. It worked with a computer I had a problem with. If you can not talk me through the "fix" part, Then I have to get a repairman and you service was of no use.

So we will discuss how you will do that and where to get the board from if you cant do it you will need a tech however that may not be a good idea with a set like this

Your asking for something that is not possible my friend without doing the work and replacing the board, a lap top is a laptop a TV is a TV

Its not as hard as you think

However what may be a problem is the availibility of the board

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I called you, I found a main board for $82. Probably beyond my ability to replace. It might mean a new tv. I will have to figure that out. BUT, the reason for my call to you was to pay you to fix the set (or tell me what to do to fix it) right now. If you can not fix it now, then this is of no help to me. If you can not get it running, then I do not plan on paying.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are we done?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
your rating?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK Anthony. I still have the original problem. Do not send me a bill. I have obtained no useful information. I already now how to call a repairman. You are probably a nice guy but was unable to help solve the problem.