Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I replaced the DLP chip on my Mitsubishi WD 73733 because it

Customer Question

I replaced the DLP chip on my Mitsubishi WD 73733 because it had white dots. Not when I power it up, I get sound for a couple of seconds, then two flashing green lights with a solid red light.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Those two flashing green lights with a solid red light would be labeled as Lamp, Status and Timer. Can you please check which light blinks and what stays solid red and post that info to see whats going on in TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There are three lights. Left light is a flashing green, middle light is a solid red, and the right light is flashing green., when I first turn tv on, far right light is a solid green light. I hear sound for a second or so then I get two flashing green lights with a solid red in the middle. After a couple of minutes, the left flashing green light goes off, steady red light in middle and flashing green light on the right.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have tried replacing the bulb and that didn't make a difference either
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, please check the labels of those lights as marking them left or right light is confusing and we could end up on wrong diagnosis. Lamp, Status and Timer would be clearly marked on those lights so please reply with light label to understand the situation. Those lights are presenting an error code and helpful to troubleshoot the issue.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lamp, status, timer. When I first power up, timer light is solid green. Sound comes on for a second then goes away. Then lamp and timer light start flashing green lights and the stays light is a solid red light. After a couple of minutes, the lamp light goes out and the status light stays red and the timer light is flashing green. It stays like that until I reposed or unplug
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reposed or unplug.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
repower or unplug. Any idea what the problem may be?
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, I have no idea about these symptoms in TV so let me open the question to other experts to have a look and hopefully some one will soon respond to assist you.

I'm opting out now.

Thanks.

Expert:  TV Tech1 replied 1 year ago.

V36 - This may help you get the fail code correct --