Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a Sharp LC-70UD1X I have had it year with no

Customer Question

I have a Sharp LC-70UD1X
I have had it for a year with no problems.
I moved to Maraetai (Auckland NZ) with the same signals as the Auckland City.
I plugging into the Arial and everything worked fine, picked up all the normal freeview Digital TV channels etc. However, when I turned the TV off....the next day when I turned it back on, it could not see any DTV channels (said channel wiped on the message), it had completely lost all channels with the exception for Kordia TV (200) which really is just an add.
I can re-install the channels by doing a new search and all is well, until the TV is turned off for a reasonable period of time (if I turn TV off it will keep all the channels when I turn back on after a short period of time), then it completely wipes all channels again with the exception of Kordia TV.
When I have all channels operating correctly and select the Kordia TV channel, it runs the Kordia add thing, but wipes all other channels.
What can I do to fix this please.
Ash
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

You need to reset the TV first before retuning please go to page 83 of the manual <<click to learn how to do that the set will then store channels effectively

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Anthony,
I have actually Reset the TV using the path suggested on page 83 several times, it does reset the TV, and it searches the channels and all channels work ok, but as soon as the TV is turned off for a period of time, bang, the channels are wiped.

When you reset do you do a "first time set up" language etc?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I select the 'Home' as opposed to Store and it prompts Language and Country (I think)I am not at home at the moment (at work - my bad?!) so I can walk through these particular again when I get home about 5:30 today - I can run through a complete reset again if you like and take it from there??? but it sounds like I do it as per what is on page 83

Yes it has to go to the first time installation phase in order for it to completely wipe and remake the memory

Let me know when you get home

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I will look for 'First time Installation Phase' and walk through carefully.I will let you know what happens.Thanks
Ash

OK

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
resetting TV now. Waiting or channel search.I have done this exact reset several times now.
It will find all TV channels and go fine. and you can even turn off or a short time and it will be ok. but if you turn off overnight, it will have skipped the channels.Waiting for search to complete now
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
search completed - TV Working normally - but guaranteed it will loose them overnightWhat next?

Let me know after overnight

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi There - We switched off Last night at about 9, did some stuff, I switched on about 10 and it had lost all channels as predicted.The Kordia TV does not show immediately in the channel list when you look for the channels, but when you click on the little heart shape and then go back to the DTV, Kordia appears, and it you click on it it plays its add.This is the only thing that is different to when I was at my last place.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello, I'm not sure what's happening but I have not heard from the person you have forwarded this problem on to.
Can I have my money back due to the fact you have not provided a result? I want this problem fixed, not wait for a system that is inappropriate - Sorry I am straight to the point but I would like this issue sorted please or let me have somebody else look at itAsh