Dan, Broadcast Engineer
Experience:  I am a member of The Society of Broadcast Engineers for a local CBS station
1567601

I have two Vizio TVs, one is 720i and the problem one is

Customer Question

I have two Vizio TVs, one is 720i and the problem one is 1080i. The 1080i TV blacks out every 10-20 seconds for one second while watching Hulu. No problem with Amazon, etc. I have looked all over the 1080i setup to see how to lower it to 720i, just to see if that is set too high to watch Hulu. I find no way to change it.
Could there be another cause of these Hulu blackouts?
Category: TV
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been waiting an hour for my 30 minute answer, and the update has been saying my wait time is 8 minutes for the past hour.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question, I look forward to assisting you today. My apologies, but I am unable to contact you by phone at this time. Please let me know if you would like to continue or wait for another expert.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What is my answer, your suggestions?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I will need to ask you a few questions first. What is your internet speed?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
8 Mbps
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Okay, good. Do you have other TV's streaming or computers on the internet when HuLu drops out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why Hulu and not Vudu or Amazon?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can watch the same shows on Hulu without dropout using the 720i TV or my iPad.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you don't know, please don't waste my time. This has already cost me 3 hours waiting in cue.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

For some reason, there has always been problems with HuLu and Vizio. Only the engineers know the reasons... or maybe they don't? I have dealt with similar questions before. One thing you can try, is to disconnect then reconnect HuLu. That has helped some folks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Disconnecting now
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me the opportunity to assist you; it was a pleasure working with you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have logged back into Hulu, and there is no change.Please don't charge me for this unanswered issue.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I answered you with the best information available. This has been a problem with Vizio TV's and I have no control over that. If you would like to change the resolution of the TV, you can find the settings in the setup menu. I can help you with that if you cannot locate it. Some that have had this problem have used a Roku or other device to stream and that has eliminated the dropout problem. That is just another alternative you could look at?