Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an lg smart tv 47lw5600ua almost 2 yrs old. The sound

Customer Question

I have an lg smart tv 47lw5600ua almost 2 yrs old. The sound is not working. I also have an lg soundbar model lsb316, same age, that has power. Both have been unplugged and plugged again.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Thanks for the Question

If you are watching through a satellite or cable box please re-boot the box by un-plugging the box from wallpower waiting 5 mins then re-plugging the box back in again, it would be a good idea to do the same with the TV at the same time

We find that in some cases a software drop-out in the box can take out the sound

Let me know how this works out please thank you, ***** ***** works out good please could you rate the answer positively with the rating bar of stars that will be with this post thanks again.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no sound

OK please try another input like a DVD player is it the same using that?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No sound with a dvd

OK in that case then the problem is with the amplifier for the sound on the mainboard so the mainboard will need to be replaced do you think you can do this work yourself?I will provide all the necessary info

Let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We can attempt. Is it the tv or soundbar

No if you have no sound from the TV as well as the soundbar then its the TV, please remove the soundbar check in the audio menus that the sound is indeed ON for the speakers and check the TV if no sound its as described let me know

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having a hard time finding what you are asking for us to do. We were in the setup menu. Auto volume says off. Don't see anything for soundbar

OK that's fine there may not be a speaker on/off setting in the audio menu

You need to get the back off the set, locate the main-board thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the part-number try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the part-number to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)

If you have any probs post me a photo of the inside of the set using the paperclip on your toolbar and I will send it back with markers on

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, the session will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Can you please come back here so we can discuss what actions you are taking for this please?

Thanks

Anthony