Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a 32" flat screen TV. When installed the technician

Customer Question

I have a 32" flat screen TV. When installed the technician got it all tuned in and it was working fine. One of the buttons on the remote ( not sure which) has been touched and no matter what I do now it will not pick up a signal from the sky decoder. Can you ring me on 07(###) ###-####to talk me through getting it retuned please.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.
- Can you please get me the model number written on back of TV?

- Is the Sky decoder box connected to AV or HDMI input of TV?

- Do you use Sky remote to change the channels on TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't see the model number on the back of the TV because it is covered by wall bracket. It was only bought earlier this year I think it was a 2014 model but if not then it will be 2015.Aerial to TV goes into antenna slot. The aerial wire comes from the back of the sky decoder - s.video outlet - as this is a second tv operating from the sky signal.Yes I use the sky remote to change channels and turn on the decoder.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info. TV model number is ***** info to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose.

- Have you tried to press Input or Source button on TV or its remote to change and check different video inputs of TV to see if any video input display Sky box picture on TV?

Please reply back with the result.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have found a booklet - looks like the model number is ***** Haven't tried your suggestion yet. Will await your further thoughts now you have the model number.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for model number, please try suggestion provided in previous reply to see what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Press TV input button and it asks me to press OK to auto tune but when I do this it scans from Channel 29 for a few minutes and then says it can't find any channels. It seems to think that there is a problem with the aerial but nothing has been touched on the aerial and the other TV operating off the aerial is working fine.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Please use TV remote (not the Sky remote) to press Input button on it or find Input button on TV control button panel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did use TV remote.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Pressing Input button on TV remote should bring Input Source list on TV screen to select video input, not sure why TV asks to run channel search. Let me opt out to open the question for others and I hope another expert will assist you with this issue. I need to go offline now.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am most dissatisfied that Shadid has just opted out and I get told that someone else will contact me within 24 hours I don't think that I should pay for the consultation as I have nothing to show for it. Also I can't wait around all day.