Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have a plasma 60 in tv model number is P50H401A, i have

Customer Question

I have a plasma 60 in tv model number is ***** i have lines going vertically thru the bottom half of the television. Whats the fix
Category: TV
Expert:  Steven replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** it be possible for you upload a picture of the issue here so i can see it?

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Unfortunately, the issues you are experiencing are symptomatic of an internal hardware defect, meaning a faulty power supply or main/control board, though there are many possible failure points. This issue could be a manufacturing defect, but is also often caused by a power event (shock/surge, prolonged over/under voltage condition, etc).

This could also be the result of age related wear and tear; as a 2006 model, that type of failure wouldn’t be surprising, especially for this brand. These rca systems tend to be of very low build quality and have very short service lives. It has lasted many times its expected lifespan at this point.

There is one step you can take here, both as a possible fix, as well as a diagnostic evaluation:
1) Unplug the power cord from the outlet

2) Wait at least 1 hour (60+ Minutes)

3) Press and hold the power button (on the set, not the remote) for 60 seconds
4) Keep holding power button while plugging back in, and for another 60 seconds after. When plugging back in, go directly to the wall outlet, bypassing any power strips or surge protectors.

If this reset process does not work, it would unfortunately confirm an internal hardware failure.

This is something that would require repairs to correct; though repairs for this type of system simply aren't practical, as there are no parts readily available, and labor costs will exceed the value of the system. You could expect to be in the $250 range for diagnostics, (used) parts, and repair costs.

Depending how you’d like to proceed here, I can help with finding parts, finding a repair shop, or recommending replacement options. Just let me know.

Best regards, ***** ***** for the news,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a Hitachi TV not RCA
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

My apologies, this reply was not actually sent to you - it appears the site routed this reply to you when it was intended for a different customer, and was not even regarding a tv actually.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

There was a prior expert (steven) who was working with you on this, and had asked you for a photo. I've opted out, please disregard my reply, and follow up with him.