Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a s58fh-yb03 samsung plasma TV from 2009. The TV

Customer Question

Hi Tim, I have a s58fh-yb03 samsung plasma TV from 2009. The TV keeps turning off on it's own. Sometimes it will be 2 hours into watching, other times it will be 2 minutes. I have opened up the back and looked at all the capacitors - all look completely fine. The TV turns back on properly each time. There are no clicking noises that I have read in other people situations.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry you are having trouble here, when it shuts off does it drop to standby ?red light lit?or is it blinking?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes to standby red light lit

So its as though its been switched off, few things here,

1 The remote control may be transmitting spuriously, take the batteries out of the remote and try the set again

2 The function board this holds the volume/channel change and on/off switch its the switch that could be bad

Let me know if it still is faulty when you eliminate the remote first thanks let me know

Anthony

Do you still need any help with this please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Anythony I am sorry for the delay, I have had a recent family emergency to tend to and have not been at home. I have tried to remove the batteries from the remote however the tv still turns itself off. What can be done next?

OK the next move for elimination purposes is the function board disconnect this however will mean the back of the set coming off and you identifying the board (just behind the volume /channel change on the set itself)and pulling out the lead that feeds the board then monitoring the sets again can you do that?

Anthony