Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I am having trouble with my remote: XRT500:00111203120

Customer Question

I am having trouble with my remote : XRT500:00111203120 25-03-2014. TV in question: 42 inch, model M422i-B1. As of last evening, I cannot get the TV to respond to entries made upon the "keypad." (I m referring to the reverse side of the unit). Oddly, the TV will respond to commands made with the arrow keys and Enter key. A "Search" can still be made by laboriously entering a request, navigating with the arrow keys, to select each alpha- or numeric character displayed upon the screen. To be able to again use the full capacity of the keypad would be a welcome relief as it facilitates searching so much easier. Pressing of just about any key causes the backlights to activate.
Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

I just need some more info thank you

Does the manual buttons on the set itself work OK please?

Anthony