Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

TV screen is blue with no signal warning

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.

1) How old is the set and when did the problem occur?

2) Is HDMI 3 where you normally receive your broadcasts on the set?

3) What's connected to the TV- cable/SAT box, etc.?

4) Are you saying you're unable to change the Input? Please elaborate.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need assistance with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The set is Sony Bravia which is 6 years old. Yes HDMI 3 is usual. The cable box is connected to TV. There is an input list
starting with TV which is highlighted and continues down thru HDMI 3. I cannot scroll down to HDMI by applying any down functions.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. This can be caused by a few things, but most commonly the Mainboard in the TV itself could have locked up- which may ultimately require replacement.

Please first try a hard reset of the TV, by doing the following:

1) Disconnect the TV from power, and also the cable box.

2) Disconnect and reconnect the HDMI cable to the set- on both ends and make sure it's secure.

3) Plug the cable box and TV back into power and once the cable box reboots, then turn the TV on and try to select the HDMI 3 Input again. Let me know what happens.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature. Simply reply back here if you need more help.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If that reset does not work, then this indicates a hardware fault in the TV- more specifically with the Mainboard, which is the component that processes the AV signals and chooses the different options. In this case the board needs to be replaced, which is not uncommon when these sets get on in years. The average cost for this type of repair is in the $300 range for your set, and alternatively if you're a DIY type then let me know and I can dig deeper for a source for the board.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.