Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Chuck, I have the Sony FWD-42PV1A ("dumb" monitor), about 7

Customer Question

Hi Chuck,
I have the Sony FWD-42PV1A ("dumb" monitor), about 7 years old. I use only a Roku box (Netflix) for viewing on this TV.
I recently dumped my old home theater sound system that I had hooked up and replaced with both the Sony speakers that attach to each side of the monitor, and a sound bar. That doesn't work, as I understand it, because this TV/monitor has no audio output of its own.
So, what type of device do I need to add/hook up to the TV to get sound from the TV/monitor to the sound bar/attached speakers?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

If you're using a roku box (depending on model) you may find it simplest to just route the red/white audio outputs from the roku directly to your soundbar.

Can you tell me how the roku is connected to the tv currently?