Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have replaced PWB-MAIN BOARD MITSUBISHI WD65C9, I have

Customer Question

Hi I have replaced PWB-MAIN BOARD FOR MY MITSUBISHI WD65C9 , I have done the sofware update however it powers on to the last channel watched then after a few mins it shuts down with a red flashing light. Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

Flashing red light indicates failure inside TV, can you please follow the below procedure to get error code from TV that will help to troubleshoot the problem?

Please press the front panel ACTIVITY + CH Down buttons at the same time and hold for 5 seconds. The STATUS LED will then flash denoting a two digit code.

Example: If the Error Code is “23”, the LED will flash two times, pause, and then flash three times.

What error code you get from TV?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Shahid; When I hold the buttons down I do not get an error code the light then changes to a flashing green it eventually goes back to red
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, does the light eventually goes back to Solid red or flashing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Flashing red
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It goes to flashing green while I continue to hold the buttons down then changes to flashing red after.....
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, give it some time to see if flashing red light stop? then try to get error code from TV which is only hope to see what section of TV has got problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Shahid is there anything else that I can try or have the technician try as I am just not seeing any codes when I hold the activity and CH down button. Thanks
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid there is no other way around, does the status light blink in same way after holding down two buttons on TV front panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
only that instead of red it is green
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, I'm sorry I have no idea what is going on in TV so let me send the question to all experts and hopefully some one will respond to assist you further.

I'm opting out now.

Thanks.