Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I have purchased kdl50w800c I cannot access the web browser

Customer Question

I have purchased kdl50w800c
I cannot access the web browser
Can you help me
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

The reason you are not finding a browser is that there simply is not one at this point.

It is planned to be available as a future firmware update, but as of this point no such update has been released.

The specs for this model are clear that there is no built in browser as a hardware function, so any added functionality will rely on Sony publishing a firmware update that includes the opera browser. At the moment, while planned, there is no specific release date published.

If and when there is an update available, the tv should update itself automatically.

In the meantime, you may have some other options such as connecting a pc to the tv (using it as a large monitor) or connecting an external device such as a chromecast, to share a browser screen on the tv from an ipad or phone for example: chromecast

Best regards,