Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a samsung projector tv that has perfect picture but

Customer Question

I have a samsung projector tv that has perfect picture but no sound. Directv replaced my HD component yesterday which now connects via hdmi. Neither hdmi ports will produce any sound for the tv. It did have sound with the older type connection box.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please get me the model number off of the back of the TV.

Also, please try a full reboot off the DTV box by disconnecting it from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in. This is the most common cause of no sound is the DirecTv box itself. When it finishes rebooting let me know what happens and if the sound is restored please.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this? If so, please get me the model number off of the back of the TV.

Alternatively, if you solved the problem please click a 5 STAR RATING at the top of the page for my efforts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am just waiting for the reboot
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still no sound
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I shouldn't say no sound because it has sound if turned up to 73+ but barely audible
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, since the TV had sound with the old box- and stopped when DTV connected their new box- this issue is with their box and you would need to contact them and have them swap the TV. The TV would not be at fault since it worked just fine with the old box. There are no settings or adjustments within the TV that would prevent sound from HDMI when it was working with other Inputs, so you would need to have DTV swap that box as it's audio processing is faulty.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I dont know about that, I tried to connect my DVD player to this same TV and had no sound, however it works perfect with my tv in my bedroom which is also a samsung.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Well that's different than what you told me before- you said the od box sound was fine on this TV, so can you elaborate on that part?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Specifically you stated this here:

" It did have sound with the older type connection box."

So you're saying when they gave you the new box that ALL sound on the TV stopped- including that from the DVD player??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the directv unit I had prior was a DVR coaxial, this new unit is a HD which uses an HDMI cable. And i have great picture but the sound is incredibly low. You have to be a squirrel to hear it!
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

But now, suddenly you son't have sound using a DVD player either? I'm not sure how the new DirecTv box can affect that. What you're telling me doesn't line up.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The DVD HD player never had loud audio ever since I tried to connect to this TV, so i moved it to my bedroom tv and it works just fine. It had same problem, great picture but low volume, it to is a samsung product.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, none of this makes sense- old DTV box had perfect sound on the TV, new box does not- DVD player does not. I'm going to opt out at this point.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didnt think you could help
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay then. Good luck.