Nathan, Installer
Experience:  Custom home theater installer, authorized dealer top brands.
59725966

I just bought a Visio E-48-C2 48" 1080 p television and it

Customer Question

I just bought a Visio E-48-C2 48" 1080 p television and it will not program. I followed the instructions for channel setup and it will scan the channels, but the channels only appear for a few seconds and then disappear. The TV returns to the set-up: cable box-cable box input: I choose coaxial and start the scan then it tells me "TV renamed to cable box"- I get a channel briefly.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand- no there are no fuses that will cause this problem. However there are a few other things- but I need to ask for more info to help you.

1) How old is the set, and has it ever worked with the coaxial cable before?

2) Do the other AV Inputs work as they should (HDMI, component, etc.)?

3) Whom is your cable provider and what is the make and model of the cable box you are using?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need help with this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is relatively new, I bought it on Amazon "Like New" and I do not know if it has worked with coaxial cable.
I have not tried other AV inputs. I have not an HDMI cord setup
My cable provider is Time Warner, the cable box is a MotorolaHDMI
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. If you're using a Motorola HDMI box- then you don't want to use that coaxial cable at all- nor do you want to run a channel scan. The box is designed to connect to the TV using an HDMI cable, and then no scan is needed. You simply use the Vizio INPUT button and select the HDMI Input you're plugged into and the TV will then display programming from the box. That is how these boxes are designed to work.

An HDMI cable can be purchased at Radio Shack, Wal Mart or Best By for around $15. Give that a shot and if you still run into problems then reply back and let me know what happened.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** loaned me a cable and it seems to work as normal.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Excellent and I am glad to hear that! You're very welcome. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I don't use the phone call feature- please reply back here if there's something else you needed. If not, then please click the 5 STAR RATING at the top of the page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you transfer me to someone who can call me?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

We don't work in an office we all work from home so there's nobody I can transfer yyou to. What is the problem you're still having?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am back to square one. I do not know what I did. Why do you have a request for a phone call if you do not offer this service?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Use the Input button on the Vizio remote to select the HDMI Input. The request is put there by the site- not by me. We are not employees- we are independent techs and I am working on several things which does not make a phone call conducive. The site also charges extra for a phone call. Not sure how talking on the phone would be of any benefit over typing here. I can type anything I can verbally tell you. Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need more help understanding this set up than you can offer. I appreciate your help. please let is settle our business
Thank you
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

More than I can offer? Not sure where you went wrong- as you had it working, but since you can't provide any more details as to where you went wrong, I will opt out and am no longer involved in the dialogue. Good luck.

Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble.

I've sent an optional phone support offer at your request. If you prefer we can continue here in the chat format as well.

Or, if you prefer to cancel, omit rating or replying further, and click on the Account link at the top of the page, then on Help, to contact customer service for a refund.