Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 4 year old Samsung TV,starts to turn off and on, on and

Customer Question

hi, my 4 year old Samsung TV,starts to turn off and on, on and off repeatedly.can it be repaired ?
... vic micallef
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the described symptom always points to an internal hardware issue. Are you then considering a DIY (do-it-yourself) repair approach? If yes, do you have access to and familiar with a multi-meter and even perhaps a soldering iron?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi ,yes I have both a multi-meter and a soldering iron.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Great on the DIY!

With the unit unplugged, open the rear and look over the power supply board (where the power cord is fed to). Visually inspect this board particularly for any bloated, leaky and failed capacitors.

Then determine the board number. Depending on regional version, it would be something like BN44-00375A or PC46CF2_ZSM.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.

I would be mobile a good part of today with sluggish/no Internet but would check back when able.

Cheers.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Louie, i apologize for not answering promptly. i haven't done what you suggested, but it could very well be that. should i decided to have it repaired, have you any idea of the cost involved.? and would you recommend someone to perform the work.
regards....vic
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi again Vic and appreciate the post back.

Factors to consider:

• • the Samsung UA46C7000WF came up on the market mid 2010;
  • • a newer version may be viewed HERE for comparison;
  • • a used / pulled out power supply from a donor unit would cost something like as shown HERE;
  • • unfortunately, as I am located in another region, I am unable to recommend a repair person in your area but service/repair fee would largely be dependent on the going rate in your location.

However, it may be more to your advantage to consider a Samsung authorized Service Center (even at least for a quote or if available, a flat rate repair fee):

• • product familiarity;
  • • parts inventory;
  • • repair and test jigs;
  • • standardized service fees.

Please click HERE or contact(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
Thanks Louie for your prompt response, I shall follow your original instructions and ascertain the condition of power unit,and consider your suggested option.
Thank you for your assistance, you have been great .regards ...vic
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Great Vic!

Glad that the above information may serve your purpose and would appreciate a Positive Rating and/or an Accept if so warranted (if haven't done so).

Good luck and thank you too for the opportunity to be able to share the information.