Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

Cant get digital channels on my 28 inch new tv. Tried auto

Customer Question

Cant get digital channels on my 28 inch new tv. Tried auto search and just say 1 analog channel. Will not even scan for digital I have a comcast dta box.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, On that one analog channel that showed up- please leave the TV there and then use the Comcast provided remote to attempt to change channels (not the TV remote). Then let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Channels will change
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay. When using a DTA box you scan on the TV- which will pick up one channel, then you use the Comcast remote to change channels. This is how it's designed to work. So can you please tell me where you're having problems?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the stations are not digital
Expert:  Jack replied 1 year ago.

Hello , my name is Jack

Perhaps I could help by explaining this ;

Those small boxes are made for older analog sets at present and do not let anyone view in HD which is what the HDMI cable/output is usually for and yours only has a RF output on channel 3 .

The DTA you have now is made for receiving the expanded basic/digital starter channels , no HD/digital can be passed through an analog connection like you have now

You will a need full HD cable box connected HDMI if you want full digital signal.

Talk to Comcast and they will confirm this.

Hope this will help understand the situation better and If that answers your question please do not forget to rate by clicking on the 5-star icon at the top, then click on Submit so i get paid for my time helping you or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions , thank you .