Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My 55 inch led dynex tv turns off by it self what can i do

Customer Question

My 55 inch led dynex tv turns off by it self what can i do to fix it
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help but I need to ask for more info.

1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?

2) What exactly shows on the screen before the TV shuts off?

3) How logm does it stay running before it shuts off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had it for few yrs now maybe around 4 yrs. It shows whatever we are watching and out of no where it turns off. Sometimes is mins n sometimes its seconds before it turns off
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for the reply. We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).

However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.

The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up normally. Try this procedure up to 3 times, and please let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
K thank u ill try it asap
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Are you still having the same problem?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.