Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have an older 32" viera which is not plasma, awesome pic,

Customer Question

I have an older 32" viera which is not plasma, awesome pic, but when turning on TV with remote, has a delay, no pic, no flashes then red lite, lower left, which flashes once then a three sec delay, another single flash, three sec. another single flash etc. If I go to the power button on top of set, press and hold for a few sec. then release... presto TV comes to life every single time, this has been an ongoing issue for at least two yrs. always comes back to life after holding power button, and can be normal operation for several days before a reoccurrence, now want to disconnect and move to new location... maybe should repair it?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Its likely to be bad capacitors on the power-board they need to be visually examined first because they can show physical signs of stress like leaking/ballooning/raised domed tops so this is the first check outside of that it could be a main-board issue are you looking to do work yourself with the set?it will mean in all likelihood replacing a board, looking at your situation though and with the set being a small one it may be a better option to persevere with it as small sets are cheap to buy nowadays.

If however you want to go ahead I will be happy to help

Let me know

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony