Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

We're having a problem with our Panosonic TV. We can pick up

Customer Question

We're having a problem with our Panosonic TV. We can pick up regular channels and it works great and up until two days ago it worked with satellite also. Now when we turn it to satellite there is no sound. What did we do to mess it up?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Are you just using the built in tv speakers or some external speakers or surround soun?

2. Is the satellite box connected with HDMI to the tv? or

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the TV speakers.Connected with coaxial cables
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Please complete this procedure:

- leave the tv on so you are looking at the satellite picture.

- re-seat ALL the connecting cables on the back of the satellite box and the back of the tv.

If you don't have sound:

-leave the tv on so you are looking at the satellite picture.

-unplug the POWER cord that goes the to satellite box, wait 30 seconds and plug it back in.

If you don't have sound, REPLY back here and tell me, what is the port called that the satellite box is connected to on the back of the tv.

I am here to help you. Please reply back if you need clarification on any of the above, or even if you just want to say "thank you" :-)

In keeping with the design of this website, please be sure to click the 5 STARS or SMILEYS rating now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating. Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT do anything to fix your issue, nor does it issue you a refund.

Thank you,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike I'm on my way to a doctors appointment, is it possible to send you an answer later?
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

sure.

Feel free to rate my answer with 5 STARS or SMILEYS. Rating now does not prevent replies later.