Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My TV has sound but only a blue screen. I took the cover off

Customer Question

My TV has sound but only a blue screen. I took the cover off and I see sharp LK46oD3LA8S. What should I do?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please get the model number on the sticker on the back cover and post back with it.

Also, do MENU, Input or Volume icons display when you press these?

Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the Sony; something like a KDL-46EX700.

Still, the described symptom of "...blue screen..." almost always point to video muting; i.e. the absence of a usable video signal:

• • if the blue screen is with the Sony in TV mode, then likely an internal hardware issue.
  • • on the otherhand, if the blue screen with audio is with an external source, then check or better yet, replace the connecting cables as a preliminary attempt of a fix and test by process of elimination.

All other checks would be with the use of a multi-meter.

Please post back results / observations of the above once tried.