Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I had the same issue as the previous person..I was watching

Customer Question

I had the same issue as the previous person..I was watching Tv...then I had sound no power...I changed the led/power board and it still doesn't work...don't know to do now.
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Shahid and will be happy to assist you. I need additional info to troubleshoot the issue.

- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?

- Does screen glow/ show backlight?

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No glow no back light and it's connected to nothing
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

OK, so you get sound from TV speakers but nothing appears on screen and it stays black, is this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the info, this kind of problem occurs due to main board failure where either EEPROM chip or main processor chip stop working (both chips are located on main board) so nothing displays on screen, replacement of main board of TV will help to resolve the issue. Please click following board supplier link to get info about replacement main board for this model..

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=%09e470-a0

If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on 5 star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.

Expert:  Shahid replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you need any further assistance with it?

Thanks.