Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I HAVE A TC-P50S60 TV PLASMA PANASONIC, PURCHASED AT BEST

Customer Question

I HAVE A TC-P50S60 TV PLASMA PANASONIC, PURCHASED AT BEST BUY IN SARASOTA, FLORIDA IN 2013...UNFORTUNATELY, 1 YEAR WARRANTY HAS EXPIRED..
UP TO THIS POINT IN TIME, THE TV HAS ONLY BEEN USED IN THE MASTER BEDROOM ..MAYBE A DOZEN TO TWO DOZEN TIMES..
QUESTION:
THE TV DOES NOT POWER UP... NOTHING...NO INDICATION OF POWER....I HAVE TRIED USING ANOTHER POWER OUTLET ..TO NO AVAIL...
VINCE..
COULD THIS BE DUE TO THE POWER CORD ITSELF? IF SO, HOW MIGHT I PROCEED?
Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority.

Sorry to hear you’re having trouble, Vince.

So you have no signs of power/life at all, correct? The little red light on the front does not light up or glow at all?
Initially, it is possible (but rare) for the cord to fail. This is a standard IEC type power cable, the same used on most tvs, computer towers, printers, etc. If you have another handy you can swap them to test functionality, then let me know the results and I'll advise further.