Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an Emerson TV model LC320EMXF, Remote control not

Customer Question

Hi, I have an Emerson TV model LC320EMXF, Remote control not works, batteries are good, my question is, when I power On the tv, and increase the volumen using the TV button, the volumen dicrease by itself.
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. Offhand this is either a locked up processor within the TV, or a fault on the Mainboard of the TV. The first thing you will want to do is try a hard rest of the TV. To do this, disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 full seconds then release. Then wait a full minute, plug the TV back in and see if you can adjust the volume normally again.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If the set has the same problem after the reboot, then this means that the EEPROM (processor) on the Mainboard has failed and that part needs to be replaced. The good news is that the board you need is only $20-$25 for the part- and you can replace it yourself with nothing more than a screwdriver. The link below is to the two mainboards used in your set. You will need to remove the back of your TV and verify the correct part number before ordering the replacement board:

http://www.shopjimmy.com/pandf-a91f0mpws001-mpw-board.htm

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know when you are able to see my reply. Also please scroll up the page to see all replies.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you've tried the reset above, and there's still no response, then the Mainboard needs to be replaced as described above. However if you're not comfortable with that type of repair, then a shop is going to charge on average $175 parts and labor for this, and given the set can be replaced for that price- it doesn't make sense to have it repaired- unless you are going to swap the board out yourself.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If not, could you please click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts? It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.