Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 42" RCA hdtv model: LED42C45RQ my problem is my

Customer Question

I have a 42 " RCA hdtv model: LED42C45RQ my problem is my hmdi does not work. The receiver was checked by Directv and was good. I changed cables and still no signal. What should l do tAke the tv to the shop?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

OK HDMI loss is a very common issue with modern sets and there is a procedure to follow, the first thing to do is >>try different hdmi products not just one to eliminate the product as the issue then>>

1)Un-plug the set AND the sat/cable box from wall-power wait 5 mins then re-plug back in again try HDMI again

2) If there is a reset to factory default in the settings menu of the TV please use that try the HDMI again

3)If still no go go to the RCA website and look for any firmware upgrade for the set under support for your model make sure you have the latest version of firmware.

If all fails then the main-board will need to be replaced (assuming the set is not under warranty) let me know when you get as far as that and I will advise further

Please consider rating the answer positively, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead press the "reply to expert" tab and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Do you still need help with this please?

Anthony