Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a JVC tv model JLE55SP4000B and it just was playing

Customer Question

I have a JVC tv model JLE55SP4000B and it just was playing and stopped working. When you turn it off and then turn it back on it has a white screen with a few black lines now I read the reviews on this particular model and I am wondering if it is worth fixing. I have only had it 2 years and so my question is do you have any idea what could be the problem?
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

Sorry your having trouble here, I just need additional info thank you

During the fault if you press the menu button of the sets own remote control firstly does the menu come up?and secondly if it does is it covered by this mess of white and the lines?

Anthony

Hello

Welcome

Anthony

Have you replied?I cant see anything if you have

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happens when you press the menu button. It is white with a few black lines. Sometimes the lines disappear for a short period

Its a bad t-con board OR if you are unlucky a bad LCD panel, now the catch 22 is the t-con board cant be checked it can only be replaced to eliminate it, do you think you can replace this board yourself?I will provide all the necessary info for doing that, let me know please

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My son can probably replace the part. I have attached a photo so that you can see the screen for your self. My question is about how much does this part cost? Since I don't know if that will fix the problem until you replace the part and I may have to by a new tv anyway I would like to get an idea of the cost and if you know where I will get the part?

Glad to help, what you need to do is get the back off the set, now you will see a unmistakable ribbon or multi-strand label going from the main-board (that's the one with all the AV input connectors on)to the t-con usually mounted upper middle of the set and may be covered by a metal shield, you need to carefully get this board out of the set (its about 5 inches by 2 half)and retrieve the part-number found on the board itself with this part-number go to www.shopjimmy.com first if they don't have it google the part-number for suppliers.

If you have any difficulties with this please upload a photo (using the paper-clip)of the inside of the set I will send it back to you with pointers

Cost of the t-con is about $80.

It does look from your photo like t-con board trouble unfortunately even at workshop level this board cannot be checked it can only be replaced if it clears the issue that is great if not then your left with a bad panel, the supplier however may take the t-con back off you for a small charge.

Please consider rating the answer positively there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead get back to me and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks! I will leave feedback. I was told by a local (by phone he didn't actually see the tv) to throw the tv away and I realize I may have to but he didn't even suggest this.

No there is every chance the t-con will cure this if it does not most suppliers will take the board back from you for a smaller charge.

Let me know if you need more help thank you, ***** ***** question remains open always even after you rate thank you

Anthony

There will be a rating band with this post (if not with last)thanks again

Anthony