Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a Samsung 51" Plasma TV mfg in Mexico December 2011.

Customer Question

Hi. I have a Samsung 51" Plasma TV mfg in Mexico December 2011. s/n MX20BN9620480A2LABC87918. MODEL: S50FH-YB08. The problem is the TV is not turning on. It flashes 2 red signals in sets of 5 and then repeats the same over and over. That's it. took back panel off to many boards. I just want to know which board usually causes this problem and replace the entire board.
Thank You Customer***@******.***
Category: TV
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to the site! I'm Dan. Please reply back so I know you're here. Also, are you with the unit now?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan, No I am not. Working.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

OK. There are a handful of boards inside the set that can cause this. Do you want to reply back when you're with the set? Also, you'll need a good volt/ohmmeter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok it may be a little later in the week maybe Wensday. Is that ok? That's my next day off. Thank You. John
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Sure, no rush. Talk to you then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Dan decided to buy a new TV. Thanks anyway. John.