Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My 7100 worked fine a week ago. I went to use it this

Customer Question

My 7100 worked fine a week ago. I went to use it this morning and nothing turns on. I have a green power light, but nothing. It will give me no options to try either. it's like it is dead, but with power. Has anyone had this happen before? Is this a repair or someplace to reset the camera.
Thanks
Category: TV
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello there and welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today. I am an engineer with over 30 years of electrical and electronic training, repair and installation experience. I will try and answer your question accurately and precisely so that we can get you on your way.

I need to gather some more information from you in order to help.

I assume that you have fully charged the battery? If so, about how old is the camera?

Let me know.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It is just under a year old...hadn't had any problems until now. Full charged battery
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

If it's under a year old, the best advice I can give you is to use the warranty provided by Nikon and send it off to get it repaired free of charge.

What is your zip code?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
20171
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
if it isn't under warranty? anything I can try now
Expert:  Steve G. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry for the delay. You can try pressing and holding down the two buttons with the green dot next to them. I think on the 7100 it is the ISO button on the back and the exposure comp. button top right. Hold them down together for 5 seconds.