Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a 52pfl7403d/f7. The picture has great color, but a

Customer Question

I have a Phillips 52pfl7403d/f7. The picture has great color, but a shifted image of the picture flashes intermittently. Also, if viewed from no more than 4 feet away from the screen black dots pepper the screen in random places at random intervals.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Welcome

A very important check is the menu, if you press the menu button of the sets OWN remote control is the menu affected by this?or is the menu perfectly clear and un-affected?

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It does not matter which remote is used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The image always flickers no matter which remote or function is viewed. The TV setup menu flickers like every other screen viewed.

In that case then you have a problem with either the t-con board or the LCD panel (screen)itself, the catch 22 is that there is no way to check the t-con board it can only be replaced to eliminate it (even at workshop level)if you want to do that please let me know.

A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating band with this post thanks again, note the question remains open.

Regards

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you propose for the t-con board replacement? It also looks like the upper cable which plugs into CN1 might be damaged.

I can't really see a problem with the lead if you had trouble getting it out you may have damaged it but it looks OK to me

You need to get the part-number from the tcon and order by part-number only, try www.shopjimmy.com first then google the number for suppliers

Let me know if you need more info

Please consider rating the answer positively thank you there will be a rating band with this post, rating me positively enables me to receive credit from the site, thank you, ***** ***** will remain open and stay open as long as you need it, if you have any concerns please don't rate instead just let me know and I will answer any queries you have

Many Thanks

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had trouble getting the lead out. I had already checked a few web sites. All the boards I have found so far are a bit pricey. What do you base the t-con board suggestion on? Note, the person I inherited this problem child from had a tech come to their house and on-site told them the main board was bad.

Because the menu comes out of a graphics chip on the mainboard and is injected directly into the tcon board via the LVDS lead, its very unlikely that the graphics chip is bad as well at the same time so by that judgement it has to be the tcon OR the LCD panel itself

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you look at the picture of the part number on the board I sent you, it has all in one line ...TPZA, but below the Z there is an X making the number TPXA. Does this mean the 2 part numbers are interchangeable?

No its just TPZ A

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am investigating parts. Your last answer does not coincide with what I am finding when searching for this part. Almost all of the ads I find for this part show the TPZA and TPXA to be the same part. The picture of the part shown on websites looks identical to the attached picture of the part number from my TV. Also, I have not been able to locate a replacement for the damaged t-con cable.

There is no way for me to know every single thing about the set just as a mechanic would not know every single nut and bolt on your car its information that needs to be checked in manuals and in your manual it does not say anything about a TPXA equivalent although I take what you are saying, in any case most suppliers will take the board back if it does not work so its your call on that I am just going by what info I have for the set, the t-con lead may be available from encompassparts.com or partstore.com

Let me know how this goes

Anthony

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for the information. Still researching.

OK sorry for the hassle its becoming increasingly more difficult to get hold of boards at the right price and also matching

Anthony