Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

My Sharp tv is showing in &W, how do I set it? I have tried

Customer Question

My Sharp tv is showing in B&W, how do I set it for color? I have tried factory reset, but that did not work.
Category: TV
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, bear with us; re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the TV. Additionally, is the TV directly connected to an antenna? ...or is there a cable box or satellite receiver used with the TV? If the latter, please describe how the cable box is connected to the TV using what kind of cable(s).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sharp lc-70uh30u, connected to Direct TV box. TV is brand new, Just got it riday, it was working fine and in color, but I did something with the remote that changed it to b&W, and I can not figure out how to change it back.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the additional information.

...and how is the Direct TV box connected to the Sharp AQUOS LC-70UH30U using what kind of cable(s)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
RCA cables, 3 of them.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand; yellow + red & white RCA-to-RCA cables.

Have you ensured that AV or composite INPUT mode is selected and not component?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

For some reason, I am unable to access the users's manual.

Still, other than the composite/component selection, another potential cause for a black & white video would be PAL / NTSC selection where the TV should be set to NTSC color system for North American models.

Can you please review / try this if so option is available in your TV model?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

To my understanding, the Setup / Color System (Video Signal System) can be configured for Auto / NTSC / PAL-M / PAL-N while in VIDEO IN 1 mode.

Have you tried ensuring that it is in NTSC please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind I am going to bed
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

I understand.