Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Have Samsung model LN52A550P3F and replaced power board.

Customer Question

Hello, have Samsung model LN52A550P3F and replaced power board. T.V. works but part of the picture is clear but there's a big blotch that covers the screen with rainbow color that is blocking part of the full picture...what's that about as I have all spent $250.00 on this already.
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome! Coming here is the best choice because calling a repair shop costs more money and time than you might think. We are now connected together on this convenient website. I am an experienced electronics field technician and your satisfaction is my top priority. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):

1. Was there visible burn marks on the power board? Or a power surge? Or how did you know that board was bad?

2. What other parts have been replaced?

3. Can you take some pictures of the tv screen showing the issue and attach them here? The bigger the better, the more the better, with menu, without menu, different content....

___________________________________________________________________

** My replies can take up to 5 minutes to appear **

** Do NOT start a new question **

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi...I Thank you for your help but as I researched the matter and I find that the screen is busted, not veritably but one powered up this is clear. The upsetting thing in this is that I cant get a replacement screen and all my work was done in vain...money wasted.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

sorry to hear that